something interesting from this blog
What types of students go to which schools? There are, of course, the classic stereotypes:
- MIT has the hacker engineers.
- Stanford has the laid-back, social folks.
- Harvard has the prestigious leaders of the world.
- Berkeley has the activist hippies.
- Caltech has the hardcore science nerds.
But how well do these perceptions match reality? What are students at Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Caltech, and Berkeley really interested in? Following the path of my previous data-driven post on differences between Silicon Valley and NYC, I scraped the Quora profiles of a couple hundred followers of each school to find out.
the source here